SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Facilities Management & Development
Welcome to the FM&D Website
Our Departmental Profile
The Facilities Management and Development Department at SUNY Downstate Medical Center is comprised of a diverse group of multitalented individuals with backgrounds ranging in Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical Design, Project Management, Code Compliance, Environmental Health and Safety, and Building Services. Our highly diverse background is a major reason why our department is uniquely qualified to handle requests for services internally. Our main office is located in the Basic Science Building room1-15.
Facilities Management & Development is responsible for the overall maintenance and operation of all SUNY Downstate Medical Center buildings and grounds which totals in excess of 2,500,000 gross square feet. The department is subdivided into four primary divisions:Physical Plant, Design and Construction, Environmental Health & Safety.
We take tremendous pride in continuously maintaining the highest standards possible in providing a safe, comfortable, and clean environment for all staff, students, patients, and faculty at the SUNY Downstate Medical Center.
Campus Construction Activity Updates
Week of 2-11-2019
- 141015 CO Detection Project
The Contractor is installing Carbon Monoxide Detector Devices only in select Laboratory Facilities throughout the BSB this week. Affected Laboratories have been issued with notification posted on the door. Kindly respond to the persons listed on the bottom of the notification for access requirements.
- 14BX43 UHB Roof Replacement Project
The Contractor is currently dedicating their current efforts on the UHB Bed-tower Roof.
- 141000-05 UHB Electrical Power Circuit Tracing Project
Contractor personnel will continue to be visible in the late-night hours this entire week throughout the 2ndfloor Laboratory areas surveying existing outlet connectivity.
- 141024 Bronchoscopy HVAC Renovation Project
The Contractor is continuing with their efforts in the UHB Labor and Delivery Room A3-513 installing ductwork to the new roof top unit.
- Excellent service to the Campus community
- Excellent stewardship of the campus environment
- Professional and effective communication
- High standards for professional and personal accountability
- Sustainable development and management of campus resources
- Develop methods for campus communications on facilities projects and deferred maintenance problems and issues.
- Enhance tools to track, measure and report on facilities management for this Campus.
- Improve the project delivery system within Design and Construction Unit and associated support services.
- Enhance the safety of the Plant Utility area, staff properly per regulations, reducing staff burnout.
- Define proper facilities staffing for an institution of this size complexity and niche service ( peer institutions and assoc.)
- Ensure staff are properly trained, have tools, equipment and operating systems to perform work efficiently and effectively to meet the mission and goals of the Campus