SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Department of Family Medicine
The Department of Family Medicine at SUNY Downstate Medical Center is committed to teaching and promoting the specialty of family medicine, caring for the community, and supporting our institution by:
- Providing comprehensive, high quality, culturally-sensitive primary health care.
- Educating physicians, residents, students and other health care professionals.
- Providing a compatible environment for the practice of family medicine.
- Conducting research for the benefit of health care professionals, patients, and families.
- Initiating scholarly and enriching activities within the department.