Yaniv Fenig, MD
Assistant Professor of Surgery
Division of Transplant Surgery
Dr. Fenig received his medical degree in 2014 from the Sackler School of Medicine at the Tel Aviv University. He completed his general surgery residency at Robert-Wood Johnson Barnabas Health in New Jersey in 2019. He completed a clinical fellowship in Abdominal multi-organ transplantation and Hepatobiliary Surgery at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York in 2021.
Dr. Fenig's areas of expertise include performing liver and kidney transplantation and treating patients with cancers of the liver, pancreas, bile ducts, gallbladder. In addition to patient care, he is passionate about expanding the organ pool by studying the utilization of overlooked organs.
- Takahashi H, Irri A, Fenig Y, Byale A, Thung S, Gunasekaran G. Systematic review of squamous cell carcinoma of the gallbladder. The American Journal of Surgery. 2022 Apr 23.
- Mahamid A, Fenig Y, Amodeo S, Kozato A, Facciuto M, Ahmad J, Kim-Schluger L, Florman S, Schiano T, Facciuto M. Two hundred and fifty-one right hepatectomies for living donation: Association between preoperative risk factors, hepatic dysfunction, and complications. Surgery. 2022 Apr 14.
- Fenig Y, Suresh S, Rochon C. Long-Term Survival after Kidney Transplantation. The New England Journal of Medicine. 2022 Feb 1;386(5):499.
- Bekki Y, Fenig Y. The Impact of Donor Hepatectomy Time on Liver Transplantation Outcomes. Transplantation. 2022 Feb 1;106(2):e173-4.
- Zendel A, Fenig Y, Amodeo S, Friedmann P, Gunasekaran G, Tabrizian P, Facciuto M, Florman S, Schwartz M, Kinkhabwalla M, Bellemare S. Pancreaticoduodenectomy with Complex Vascular Reconstruction Is Safe and Oncologically Justified. HPB. 2022 Jan 1;24:S393.
- Bekki Y, Fenig Y. The impact of donor liver fibrosis on early allograft dysfunction and ischemia‐reperfusion injury. Hepatology. 2021 Sep 3.
- Bekki Y, Fenig Y. Outcomes of severe alcohol‐associated hepatitis with or without early liver transplantation. Hepatology. 2021 Dec 7.
- Bekki Y, Fenig Y. Impact of Donors Who Are Extremely Obese on Early Graft Loss and 30‐Day Mortality After Liver Transplantation. Liver Transplantation. 2022 Jan;28(1):141-2.
- Bekki Y, Fenig Y. Evaluation of Early Liver Transplantation for Alcohol-Related Cirrhosis. Gastroenterology. 2021 Sep 14.
- Mahamid A, Fenig Y, Amodeo S, Facciuto L, Vonahrens D, Sulimani O, Schiano T, Facciuto M. Limited upper midline incision for major hepatectomy in adults: safety and feasibility. Turkish Journal of Surgery. 2021 Dec 1;37(4):379-87..
- Fenig Y, Santeusanio A, Menon M, Liu C, Rana M, Shapiro R. Influence of immunosuppressant management on mortality in kidney transplant recipients hospitalized with covid-19. American Journal of Transplantation. 2021:604-5.
- Santeusanio AD, Menon MC, Liu C, Bhansali A, Patel N, Mahir F, Rana M, Tedla F, Mahamid A, Fenig Y, Zendel A. Influence of patient characteristics and immunosuppressant management on mortality in kidney transplant recipients hospitalized with coronavirus‐2019 (COVID‐19). Clinical transplantation.:e14221.
- Mahamid A, Fenig Y, Florman S. Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pandemic: Early Observations in Abdominal Organ Transplantation. Experimental and Clinical Transplantation. 2020 Nov 27.
- Santeusanio AD, Zendel A, Fenig Y, Mahamid A, Bhansali A, De Boccardo G, Delaney V, Farouk SS, Dunn D, Rana M, Florman S. Kidney transplantation using lymphocyte depleting induction and standard maintenance immunosuppression at the height of the SARS‐CoV‐2 pandemic in New York City: a single‐center experience. Clinical Transplantation. 2020 Jan 1.