Aaliya Burza, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Pulmonary and Critical care Fellowship – SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University (2013-2016)
- Internal Medicine Residency – Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (2010-2013)
- Family medicine residency – SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University (2007-2010)
- General Surgery, A&E – St. George's University Hospital, London UK (2002-2005)
- Government Medical College Jammu – India (1996-2001)
Dr. Burza is a uniquely experienced clinician having medical training from three different countries. She is board certified in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pulmonary medicine and board eligible in Critical Care medicine. She served as the Chief Resident in Family medicine here at SUNY Downstate and then as the Chief Fellow during her Pulmonary and Critical Care fellowship.
She, hence brings a different perspective and outlook to her clinical practice. She is passionate about having a wholesome approach towards the management of her patients which is reflected in her unconventional career path.
As a Clinical Asst.Professor in the division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Dr Burza will lead the "Stepdown Unit" to enhance the care and management of the acutely sick patients in the University Hospital of Brooklyn and serve as a great educational and training opportunity for the residents, fellows and medical students.
Dr. Burza's clinical practice will be located in Suite A here at the University Hospital where she will provide primary care in addition to specialist pulmonary care encompassing the common pulmonary diseases prevalent in our community.
She is well trained in performing Fiberoptic Bronchoscopy, Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS) and Thoracentesis.
Dr. Burza's background, experience and skills are an asset especially in the rebuilding and revitalizing the Pulmonary and Critical Care division here at Downstate.
- AUGIS Annual Scientific Meeting in Dublin, Protocol-Driven assessment and MEWSChart monitoring in the early management of Acute Pancreatitis, R Saif, A Burza, Publication Date: 9/2005 , Volume: Poster Presentation
- Case Reports & Clinical Practice Review, A Bleeding gastrointestinal stromal tumor of the stomach, Aaliya Burza, Reza M Kalbassi and Vishwanath Bhattacharya, Publication Date: 10/2004 , Volume: 5, Pages: 415-417