Josef Michl, MD
Department of Pathology
SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn, MSC 25
450 Clarkson Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11203
Office: BSB 4-122
- Johannes Gutenberg Universitat, Mainz, Germany, Doctor of Medicine (1970)
- Humanistisches Gymnasium, St. Stephan, Augsburg, Germany, Graduation (1962)
My research interests include host defense, infections, tumors, carcinogenesis, exocrine pancreas, early diagnostic, therapeutic tools, using cellular, molecular, biochemical and immunological approaches.
- Ghanny, S, L Nie, D Tan, I Predescu, N Pantsulian, P Philbert, G Chrousos, C Stratakis, J Michl, F Lacbawan, C Sultan, A Bhangoo, and S Ten. (2011) Gucocorticoid resistance (GR) is a novel reason for polycystic ovarian syndrome. Hormone research in Pediatrics, 76 (Suppl.2):p210
- Pincus, MR, M Fenelus, E Sarafraz-Yazdi, V Adler, WB Bowne and J Michl. (2011) Anti-cancer peptides from Ras-p21 and p53 proteins. Current Pharmaceutical Design, 17: 2677-2698; PMID:21728981.
- Sarafraz-Yazdi, E, WB Bowne, V Adler, A Wagreich, V Shteyler, V Wu, K Sookraj, A North, R Rudolph, M Frankel, W Oxberry, MR Pincus, and J Michl. (2010) MDM2 protein variants expression in the plasma membrane of cancer cells: A target for the anti-cancer peptide PNC-27. Proceedings of the American Association of Cancer Research, 51: 1401.
- Sarafraz-Yazdi, E and J Michl. (2012) Anti-cancer peptides. In: "Encyclopedia of Cancer", edt. M. Schwab. Berlin-Heidelberg-New York: Springer Verlag.