June C. Paul, D.N.P., MPH, CNM, FNP-BC
Clinical Assistant Professor
College of Nursing
Dr. Paul is a certified nurse-midwife and nurse practitioner. After earning her bachelor’s degree from Downstate, she began her nursing career working on a labor and delivery unit. Her keen interest in working with women and their families prompted her to get her certificate in Nurse-Midwifery from Downstate. Dr. Paul worked as a certified nurse midwife at SUNY Downstate in 1989 doing full scope midwifery care and then served on the staff of New York-Presbyterian Hospital as a certified nurse midwife. She earned a MS degree with a specialty in Family Nurse Practitioner from Downstate. Dr. Paul then transitioned to the role of nurse practitioner at New York-Presbyterian Hospital caring for ante-and post-partum high-risk patients. Dr. Paul also earned an MPH focusing on International Family Planning and Services from Columbia University and a Doctor of Nursing Practice from the Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing at Case Western Reserve University.
Dr. Paul has substantial clinical experience, having worked as a medical-surgical, operating room, and post-anesthesia care nurse. She has also served as a clinical preceptor to midwifery and nurse practitioner students and medical residents. Dr. Paul has held adjunct faculty appointments at Downstate, Columbia University, and St. Georges University in the West Indies, and also mentored nursing students at CUNY/Medgar Evers College.
- DNP: Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- MS: SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, Specialized in Family Nurse Practitioner
- MPH: Columbia University, New York, NY
- CNM: SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- BSN: SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Registered Nurse
- Certified Nurse-Midwife
- OB/GYN Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Certified for insertion of Nexplanon contraceptive device
- Electronic Fetal Monitoring Certificate