SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
Department of Emergency Medicine
Christina Bloem, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Tel: (718) 270-4790
Baylor College of Medicine
SUNY Downstate/Kings County Hospital Center
International Emergency Medicine Fellowship, Masters in Public Health, George Washington University
Areas of Professional Interest:
International Emergency Medicine
- Search Dr. Bloem's Publications on PubMed.
- Bloem, C. Emergency Medicine in Brazil. Common Sense, American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM) 2008 Nov; 15(6): 9-11.
- Bloem CMCP, Bertuzzi BD. Medicina de Emergência no Brasil e no Mundo. In: Martins HS, Damasceno MCT, Awada SB e colaboradores. Pronto-Socorro: Diagnóstico e Tratamento em Emergências. Editora Manole, Barueri-SP, 2ª edição, 2008, páginas: 3-9. (Translation: “Emergency Medicine in Brazil and the World”, chapter in a Brazilian textbook entitled Emergency Departments: Diagnostics and Treatment of Emergencies, second edition, 2008, pg. 3-9)
- Nishijima, D, Bloem C. Setting up your International Elective. Common Sense, American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM) 2007 Jan; 14(1):20-22.
- Bloem CM and Doty CI; Herpes Zoster Oticus. Emergency Medicine: An On-line Medical Reference. 2nd edition. St. Petersburg. Emedicine Online Textbooks. Steven Altschuler et al. 2006. Emedicine.com, Inc.
- Sinert R, Zehtabchi S, Bloem CM. The Effect of Normal Saline Infusion on the Diagnostic Utility of Base Deficit in Identifying Major Injury in Trauma Patients. Academic Emergency Medicine 2006 Dec;13(12):1269-74.
- Search Dr. Bloem's Publications on PubMed