Why Study Healthcare Administration?
Healthcare in the United States is undergoing profound changes and healthcare administrators are in high demand. For example, the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 32% growth in managerial healthcare administration jobs from 2020 to 2030. The MPH in Healthcare Administration equips you with skills needed to respond to the challenges of our healthcare system and to join the next generation of healthcare leaders.
Why Study Healthcare Administration at SUNY Downstate School of Public Health?
You will have flexible learning options and be able to take classes on our campuses either in Brooklyn, Manhattan, or fully online.
Benefits of the program include:
- Affordable tuition
- Online, hybrid and in-person learning modalities available
Flexible timeline – complete the program as quickly as 12 months
- Focus on identifying and addressing DEI issues in healthcare administration
- A hands-on experience to apply and extend classroom learnings at a practicum in a healthcare administration setting
- Guided development of a culminating work portfolio
- No GRE or graduate exam required for admission
What You Will Learn
- The MPH in Healthcare Administration offers you the opportunity to build comprehensive expertise in healthcare management, financing, strategic planning, and systems improvement.
- The world class faculty provide you with innovative case studies to assist you in applying core concepts in healthcare administration and financing to real-world scenarios.
- Exploratory learning opportunities are provided through electives in Healthcare Advocacy, Policy Analysis, Global Healthcare Systems, and more.
- Your learning will extend beyond the classroom and into the community, with an applied practicum experience integrated into your academic program.
Careers in Healthcare Administration
- Clinical Directors
- Data Analysts
- Finance Manager
- Quality and Safety Manager
- Risk and Compliance Officer
- Quality Improvement Specialist