SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
Office of Compliance and Audit Services
SUNY DMC recognizes the importance of communicating effectively its Code of Conduct and applicable Federal and State regulations to all of its employees and agents. Thus, it is the intent of SUNY DMC to require all new hires to be appropriately trained as part of the orientation program provided to new employees of SUNY DMC. New employee training includes, but is not limited to, education on the following topics:
- Code of Ethics & Business Conduct
- Adherence by employees to SUNY DMC's Compliance Program
- Deficit Reduction Act and associated fraud & abuse laws
- HIPAA Privacy & Security
- Documentation, coding and billing for Professional billing (i.e. Professional Compliance)
- Documentation, coding and billing for Technical billing (i.e. Corporate Compliance)
- Compliance Line system and employee obligation to report suspected violations
- Ethical and legal requirements in Research (i.e. Research Compliance - Conflicts of Interest)
- Documentation improvement tips for physicians and residents
Compliance training is required of all employees and is a condition of employment. Failure to meet education and training requirements will result in disciplinary action. Completion of required compliance training will be closely monitored and documented. The VP-OCAS maintains training records and reports detailing training activities for all employees. Summary reports of compliance with education and training requirements will be provided to the Compliance & Audit Oversight Committee (CAOC) as necessary.
- Request Enrollment
- Before you begin the training, read the Compliance Training Instructions.
- Instructions pertain to the following courses: HIPAA, Corporate Compliance, Deficit Reduction Act (DRA), Documentation Integrity, Documentation Improvement (for providers), Professional Compliance, Conflicts of Interest & Research Misconduct)
- Log-on to All Compliance Training Courses
For the Research CITI Program training and other research training resources, please visit the Office of Research Administration website.
Conflicts of Interest Enrollment:
Principle Investigators (PIs) may complete/submit this form to designate DMC study personnel who will be responsible for the Design / Conduct / Reporting of research. These individuals are classified as 'Investigators' and must complete Conflict of Interest training and financial disclosure requirements. Please visit Downstate's Conflicts of Interest website for more information.