SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Office of Communications & Marketing
- Standard Format
- Use of Department, Division, or Office Name
- Use of Titles
- Deviation from Standard Format
- Memo Pads
A standard stationery format helps SUNY Downstate project an identifiable and consistent
graphic image on letterhead and on business cards.
The guidelines for letterhead, envelopes, business cards and memo pads are listed below.
SUNY Downstate has designated Dupli Printing as the official source for letterhead, envelopes, business cards, and memo pads. Dupli has created online templates to compose, view, and order stationery products directly.
- Go to DupliOnline
- Look for the Online Login fields.
- Enter Downstate account code, ID, and password information as follows:
(all three "downstate" with a lower-case "d." )
- Follow the prompts to create an order; view and approve proofs; or to track an order. (When you complete an order, an "order number" will be created and displayed in the upper right hand corner. Keep this number for confirmation and tracking purposes).
- An email is auto-sent to Purchasing (Catina Smith) to approve.
- Send a Purchase Requisition to Purchasing (attention: Catina Smith).
- Upon receipt of the Purchase Requisition, Purchasing will verify that funds are available, and then will authorize job production to Dupli.
Downstate affiliates that do not have state accounts can order stationery from Dupli Printing through the Quick Copy Center (QCC), which will handle the transaction as a recharge. See (http://www.downstate.edu/quickcopy/stationery.html ). The Quick Copy Center is located at UHB A1-530A (University Hospital of Brooklyn basement, inside Downstate Depot, opposite Medical Records). .
To order using this method, affiliates should:
- Follow steps 1-4 above.
- Submit a purchase requisition to the Quick Copy Center (Box 34; Fax,3724). The requisition must identify the affiliated entiity's billing information in the "Charge to" section, be signed by an authorized signatory for that account, and reference the Duplionline Order number. The QCC will pay the vendor, and the affiliate will reimburse the QCC for the same amount.
- When the completed job is received from Duplionline, the Quick Copy Center will invoice the DMC affiliated company. Affiliate payment will be made payable to "SUNY Account 90081500" (the QCC's IFR account).
The SUNY Downstate Medical Center graphic standards include such features as the use of the Center logo, the name of the institution, paper stock, ink color, and typeface. All letterhead and stationery must conform to these standards regardless of funding source and regardless of whether an outside vendor is selected to produce the material.
(paper stock: classic crest white)
(ink color: PMS 285)
Only Center departments and major divisions or offices may have letterhead with the
name of their unit imprinted on it. The following positions may, at the discretion
of the incumbent, have stationery imprinted with their title or titles: President;
Vice President; Deputy, Associate, and Assistant Executive Director of University
Hospital; Deans; Distinguished Professors; and Deputy, Associate, or Assistant Vice
Use of Titles
Only Deans, Department Chairpersons, and Division Chiefs may, upon request, have their names included on the letterhead along with their title or titles. The other features of the letterhead must conform to the institutional standard.
Deviation from standard format
The Director of Institutional Advancement must expressly authorize the use of logos by campus-affiliated organizations or any design features deviating from SUNY Downstate's graphic standards used by a department to market integrated services or, in his or her discretion, any other purpose which would further the mission of Downstate.
All faculty and personnel at or above the level of director may order personalized note and memo pads provided the design conforms to an institutional standard and funding is available.