SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
School of Health Professions
Health Career Center
Begin a Career in Health Care
What is the Health Career Center?
The Health Careers Center at Downstate Medical Center, School of Health Professions is supported by a grant from the New York State Department of Health. The purpose of this Center is to provide information about:
- Health careers
- Health career programs available at Downstate Medical Center
- Pathways into health careers
- Community Health Worker training
- Skills workshops for emerging needs in primary care and community based health provision
- Entry to the Medical Coding career
Check back here for continuing updates with specific dates for information sessions, workshops, Community Health Work training, and Medical Coding course offering.