SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Downstate Depot – Central Receiving
|Web feedback welcomed. Didn't find what you needed, or a broken link? eMail us.|
(Enter thru Downstate Depot Reception UH B-530A, UH Basement opposite Medical Records)
|Hours:||M-F 8:30am to 4pm, except holidays|
|Asst Director:||Vacant, Kevin LeDoux retired 12/31/17|
|Deputy Director:||Victor Haynes
Central Receiving provides the following services to all user departments:
Need status of an incoming shipment or parcel? Contact the shipper (vendor) to obtain courier and tracking number; Send info via eMail to CentralReceiving@downstate.edu (auto-delivers your message to all CReceiving staff and managers) to speed a search and response to you. Common problem is insufficient shipping label destination information: See DMC Incoming Shipment Label requirements.
Attention ALL P-Card Users!: When placing a PCard funded order by telephone or online, BE CERTAIN to include accurate PO#= CCNN-NNN-NNN (N is depts normal Req #), and SHIP TO =
SUNY Downstate Medical Center (UHB, HSCB, or the affiliate's name are acceptable)
PO#: _______________ (REQUIRED. See DMC's PO#@ formats)
Recipients Name, Building and Room # (REQUIRED)
445 Lenox Rd ("450 Clarkson Ave" is OK; 445 Lenox Rd better helps drivers since the CRec entrance is on Lenox Rd)
Brooklyn, NY 11203-2098
- Direct vendor incoming shipments on State PO's to DMC's Satellites; Bay Ridge, Midwood/ Nostrand Ave, Family Health Services/ 840LeffertsBlvd, and Dialysis/ 710PSA: DMC Staff at these off-sites are required to Sign all packing slips and send to main campus Central Receiving (scan-eMail to CentralReceiving@downstate.edu or fax to 718-270-4773) so that the shipment can be entered into the DMC Receiving system that automatedly authorizes A/P invoice payment.
- Direct Vendor Inside Delivery on State PO's to Main Campus Offices: Whenever a vendor makes direct delivery of a State PO item to the internal destination, typically for equipment vendor installation/ set up, or whenever a State PO delivery does not occur at/ through DMC Central Receiving: DMC Staff at the internal destination are required to sign and fax all packing slips to Central Receiving (scan-eMail to CentralReceiving@downstate.edu or fax to 718-270-4773) so that the shipment can be entered into the DMC Central Receiving system that automatedly authorizes A/P invoice payment.
- Transport all incoming supplies and materials to the user departments.
- Receipt and return of gas cylinders.
Department of Administrative Services: Consolidated service units at a contiguous location to the extent practical, and commonly known as “Downstate Depot”, that currently includes: Central Receiving, Central Stores, Quick Copy Center, Mail/Messenger, Warehouse, and Property Control, and provides:
- A “one-stop” customer service location for multiple support unit services, and
- Maximized workforce cross-training and deployment dependant upon daily workload.
- Provide the highest standards of quality customer services and customer satisfaction while adhering to DMC’s Code of Ethic and Business Conduct, and Principles of Behavior (pgs 16-31), in support of DMC’s Educational, Clinical and Research enterprises, in a dependable manner while maintaining accurate records of all transactions within all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Provide accurate & efficient processing of both incoming and outgoing packages, including the receipt of all incoming goods of all DMC enterprise funding sources, to its destination in a prompt and efficient manner and assisting in the resolution of shipment discrepancies.
- Provide documentation to the respective supply chain funding entity, where applicable.