SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
|Web feedback welcomed. Didn't find what you needed, or a broken link? eMail us.|
|Accounts Payable INFO|
|Phone:||see "Status of Payments" section for AP staff list|
|Location:||440LENOX Rm 1N|
|Hours:||M-F 9am to 5pm. except holidays|
|Exec Director:||Surbhi Shah,
|Asst Director:||Sharon Yamraj,
Jump Down To:
- Account Payable Summary
- Vendors: Submitting an Invoice and Invoice Requirements.
- Vendors Doing Business with NYS: Maintain Your Vendor Info on NYS-OSC file.
- Payment Authorization: DMC End User Department Staff Requirements
- Status of Payments
- Travel Instructions
The Finance Division's Accounts Payable Department is responsible for processing all
department vouchers (e.g. standard and travel vouchers, purchase order and contract
payments) against the following funding sources: State Purpose, Hospital, Dormitory,
Endowment and Income Fund Reimbursable (IFR).
Valid invoices will be processed for payment by Accounts Payable staff within thirty days of AP receipt of invoice, or date merchandise is received at DMC, whichever is later,
provided that there is record of satisfactory delivery or completion of work from either the DMC Central Receiving or recipient department. Notes:
1. Invoices for goods/ materials shipped to DMC Central Receiving will be matched to delivery records. If a delivery record is not found, then invoices must be sent for manual payment authorization 'OK to Pay' signature by the DMC end user department. Alternatively a vendor will need to provide proof of delivery (courier tracking number or equivalent, date of arrival and recipient signature)
2. Invoices for all service-related Purchase Orders and Contracts, including procurements with service components such as internal delivery, or installation, are sent for manual payment authorization (OK to Pay) signature by the DMC end user department.
Vendors Doing Business With NYS: Maintain Your Company Info on file at NYS Office of State Controller
Vendors doing business with NYState must maintain their company information on the OSC System. Go to NYS-OSC vendor website.
Additional Vendor information and resources are available on the DMC Procurement Department's Vendor webpage.
All Vendors Must Mail Invoices to:
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Accounts Payable; MailStop 54
450 Clarkson Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11203-2098
A Valid Invoice MUST INCLUDE:
- A valid SUNY-DMC Issued Purchase Order or Contract Number with its available funding, and
- Vendor's Complete Remittance mailing address. Note: Vendors who have signed up for NYS Office of State Controller electronic payments will receive all their payments via that electronic payment process.
Invoices received that do not meet these requirements will be Returned to Sender.
How the End User Department can help expedite vendor invoice payments:
- Make sure the DMC Purchase Order or Contract has been approved prior to the vendor shipment.
- If the vendor has fully complied with all DMC Central Receiving Incoming Shipment Requirements (valid PO or Contract number on shipping label, detail packing slip on exterior of
box), the Central Receiving unit will be able to process a Central Receiving electronic
receipt for the specific goods received. This automates the Accounts Payable authorization
to process the invoice for payment. When your department receives a shipment, the
end user department recipient will sign the Central Receiving Receiving form (WebReceive
or Lawson). This allows Accounts Payable to timely process the vendor's invoice when
it is received.
- Note: If there is any discrepancy in the receipt, be sure to report the discrepancy to Central Receiving within 48 hours.
- If the vendor has NOT fully complied, a manual Central Receiving form will be used
to process the internal delivery to you. In these cases, the end user department head
MUST send payment authorization (a signed 'ok to pay' copy of the purchase order)
to Accounts Payable. If the departments fails to do this, it will delay the processing
of the vendor's invoice; Accounts Payable will need to send to your department for
signature to authorize the payment.
- If vendor provides a Proof of Delivery (POD ) document with invoice - typically the carrier tracking number showing date of arrival and recipient signature, said POD can be used to enter the shipment receiving record
- For invoices with any 'service component' including vendor direct delivery to the internal destination for installation, as well as all service invoices where no goods or merchandise is received through Central Receiving, the end user department must send payment authorization (signed copy of PO indicating 'ok to pay') to Accounts Payable. Doing so will avoid the additional delay of sending the vendor invoice to the department for such payment authorization signature.
Vendor Invoices are processed by the Accounts Payable Agents per the following table.
Vendors are welcomed to contact the processing agent for specific questions.
Accounts Payable Staff by Vendor (as of 1/1/2019)
|Vendor Starts with…||Agent||Phone
Starts with (718) 270-
unless otherwise listed
|A, V||Tanisha Ransom||1993|
|B, N,X, Y, Z||Call||1992|
|C,S, U||Angie Reyes||6791|
|D, F, I, T||Al Benjamin||1125|
|Asst Director||Sharon Yamraj||613-8439|
|Exec Director||Surbhi Shah||1990|
State personnel traveling on State business is to be processed in accordance with DMC and NYS Travel regulations covered in the following documents. The associated Travel forms can be found in the "Forms" section.
When a Travel Voucher is submitted to A/P, the assigned A/P agent will correspond the traveler's last name as the vendor in table above.
NYS Travel Guidelines, current per diem rates, mileage reimbursement rates can be found on the NYS Controllers Website
The following forms can be downloaded to your hard drive, then completed. You can save the completed form, then print. Once signed, submit hard copy completed form to A/P at MailStop 54:
DMC Travel Lodging Justification Form - for 'over the per diem rate'.
Travel Voucher (NYS OSC Form AC132s)
Statement of Meals Claimed Detail (NYS OSC Form AC3258S)
Statement of Incidental and Transportation Expense Detail (NYS OSC Form AC3259S)
Statement of Automobile Travel Detail. (NYS OSC Form AC160)
Travel Reimbursement for a Non-Employee (NYS OSC Form AC3257S)
NYS Hotel Tax Exempt Form (NYS Taxation & Finance Form ST129)
Standard Voucher (NYS OSC Form AC92, customized for DMC)
Payee's Compliance with NYS Public Officers Law Form (customized for DMC)