Department of Urology
Student Rotations / Electives
To apply for a 4th year urology rotation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center's Department of Urology, please see below.
- All students from U.S. allopathic and osteopathic medical schools can apply for a four week urology rotation through the Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS).
- For all other medical schools, contact our department's Academic Coordination Office or the SUNY Downstate Medical School Registrar's Office.
Academic Coordination Office:
SUNY Downstate Medical School Registrar's Office
Things to consider:
- All visiting students must report to the Office of the Registrar the Friday before the first day of their elective to register.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing at their home school and must have their school's approval to participate in the desired elective.
- Applicants must have health and liability insurance coverage and be HIPAA, OSHA and New York State Infection Control certified.
- All visiting medical students must provide proof of American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS card). Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) cards will not be accepted.
- For all other requirements, pleas see the "Visiting Medical Student Program" website through the Registrar's Office.
All qualified applicants will be accommodated, if possible.