SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Department of Radiology
All conferences will be held at SUNY Education Building Lecture Hall 1-B unless indicated otherwise.
Grand Rounds Notes
- All Local and Visiting Radiologists give a Case Review for the Residents (4th Years participate but all are welcome to observe) from 2:00 to 3:30 p.m. the day of their Grand Rounds. (In-House Speakers from SUNY and KCHC do not do this. Nor do Local or Visiting Speakers who are not Radiologists.)
- Grand Rounds start with Refreshments at 11:30 am and the Grand Rounds from 12:00 to 1:00 pm. Continuing Quality Improvement (CQI) Meetings are from 12:00 to 1:00 pm with Refreshments starting at 11:45 am. Times may vary for other types of meetings but will usually be in the 12:00 to 1:00 pm range.
- Continuing Quality Improvement Meetings are for members of the Department of Radiology only. They are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month with only occasional exceptions.
- Case Reviews will be held at KCHC in either the S Building 2nd Floor Conference Room next to Dr. Kantor's office (Room S2N64, enter from the hall through S2N17 and make a right) or the B Building 3rd Floor Angio Suite Conference Room (Rooms B3102 and B3103). Gladys Ortiz (Gladys.Ortiz@Downstate.edu, 718-245-2682) will let you know which.
- Refreshments and Grand Rounds are held in SUNY's Lecture Hall 1-B, closest to the 395 Lenox Road entrance.
- Grand Rounds topics, target audiences and objectives from our flyers will be posted as a link in the listings below as they become available.
- Attendings, to receive a certificate/transcript for your CME credits earned for attending our Grand Rounds, please contact our Office of Continuing Medical Education at 718-270-2422. You will need to fill out their form (available on their website) submit it with a $20 check payable to SUNY OCME to the office of CME at SUNY Box #1244. Most, but not all, of our Grand Rounds qualify for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 credit. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. If wondering if a particular Grand Rounds qualifies for CME, the giveaway is the evaluation forms. Evaluation forms are only used if the Grand Rounds qualifies for CME.