SUNY Downstate Medical Center
University Physicians of Brooklyn, Inc.
Mission & Values
University Physicians of Brooklyn, Inc., is committed to the notion that our employees are our most valuable resource. Our mission and values reflect a philosophy consistent with SUNY Downstate Medical Center.
- To provide the highest quality of comprehensive, compassionate, and accessible healthcare regardless of one's ability to pay.
- To respect the dignity and rights of our students and patients.
- To be responsive to the special healthcare needs of our community.
- To satisfy our customers.
- To encourage the continuous learning and professional development of our employees
- To practice and abide by the precepts that promote quality improvement.
- Respect, Compassion, Dignity and Fairness
- Racial and Ethnic Diversity, Cultural Competency and Cultural Sensitivity
- Teamwork, Collaboration and Partnership
- Fiscal Integrity, Responsibility and Accountability
Competencies are characteristics of a person such as knowledge, skills, attitudes and motivations that are expressed through behavior and contribute to superior job performance.
- Customer Service
- Demonstrating respect and courtesy to all internal and external customers
- Communicating effectively with customers, visitors, patients and staff
- Quality Management
- Using evidence-based policies and procedures to guide our practice and to deliver quality care and service
- Contributing to process improvement activities
- Resource Management
- Taking an active role in managing resources
- Taking an active role in personal and professional development
- Using ethical principals to guide decisions and actions consistent with SUNY Downstate Medical Center operating goals and objectives
- Safety Management
- Maintaining a safe and efficient work environment