SUNY Downstate Medical Center
University Physicians of Brooklyn, Inc.
Deadline: The annual Open Enrollment period for Health Insurance Benefits begins September 15, 2014, and ends October 11, 2014.
University Physicians of Brooklyn strives to offer comprehensive and affordable benefits for our employees and their eligible family members. The Benefits Program includes options that help maintain and improve one's current health and well-being as well as those that help one plan for one's family financial needs in the future.
For more information regarding UPB Benefits, please contact Raquel D. Morian, Director of Human Resources, at 718-804-7808.
Retirement & Savings Plans
- UPB offers a 401(k) Plan to help our employees build income for their retirement. This saving plan is provided with a convenient payroll deduction option. Contributions to the Plan consist of Employee and Employer contributions (through a Profit Sharing Plan). That means that an employee can choose to save money for retirement, but even if the employee chooses not to contribute, UPB will contribute the 3% Safe Harbor minimum contribution.
Medical Benefits, Brochure
- Aetna, POS
- Broad coverage and minimal co-pays
- Prescription coverage from Aetna
- Minimal co-pays on generic prescriptions
- Vision Benefits from Davis Vision
- Dental Benefits from Delta Dental
Life, Disability & Accident Insurance
- Life, accident, and short and long term disability, including supplemental plans
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Corporate Learning Partnership Program, Brochure
- Smoking Cessation, Weight Watchers on site, and more information about health, nutrition and exercise
- SUNY Health Science Center Health and Fitness Facility and recreational activities on campus
- Bereavement Leave
- Direct Deposit (PDF)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Family/Medical Leave
- Flexible Spending Account with direct deposit
- Jury Duty
- Military Leave
- Municipal Credit Union – Products and Services
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- TransitChek Benefits
- Working Advantage Discount Program
- E-Z Labor Manager Online Time and Attendance Reporting