SUNY Downstate Medical Center
University Physicians of Brooklyn, Inc.
Deadline: The annual Open Enrollment period for Health Insurance Benefits begins November 18, 2013, and ends
December 16, 2013. Find out more (PDF) »
University Physicians of Brooklyn strives to offer comprehensive and affordable benefits for our employees and their eligible family members. The Benefits Program includes options that help maintain and improve one's current health and well-being as well as those that help one plan for one's family financial needs in the future.
For more information specifically for UPB Benefits Contact:
Raquel D. Morian - 718.804.7808
If you are looking for the Department of Human Resources Benefits Office please click here for information
Retirement & Savings Plans
- UPB offers a 401(k) Plan to help our employees build income for their retirement. This saving plan is provided with a convenient payroll deduction option. Contributions to the Plan consist of Employee and Employer contributions (through a Profit Sharing Plan). That means that an employee can choose to save money for retirement, but even if the employee chooses not to contribute, UPB will contribute the 3% Safe Harbor minimum contribution.
- Aetna, POS
- Broad coverage and minimal co-pays
- Prescription coverage from Aetna
- Minimal co-pays on generic prescriptions
- Vision Benefits from Davis Vision
Life, Disability & Accident Insurance
- Life, accident, and short and long term disability, including supplemental plans
- Professional development reimbursement program
Employees can view detailed information about the benefits plans by logging onto www.onlinesynergies.com