Constantine A. Axiotis, M.D.
Professor of Pathology; Director of Anatomic Pathology, KCHC
Department of Pathology
Office location: P-Building, 4th Floor, KCHC
Tel: (718) 245-5371
Fax: (718) 245-4158
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Research or Clinical Interest Summary
Lung tumors; Non-neoplastic liver disease; Breast cancer; Autopsy Pathology
Selected Recent Publications
- Pertschuk LP, Axiotis CA. Steroid hormone receptor immunohistochemistry in breast cancer: Past, present, and future. The Breast Journal 1999;5:3-12.
- Pertschuk LP, Axiotis CA, Grossman A, Feldman JG, Kim YD, Braverman A, Karavattayhayyil SJ, Braithwaite L. Bad news about neu: Intratumoral heterogeneity and failure of different methodologies to correlate with disease survival. (The Breast Journal 1999;5:369-74
- Borowsky, ME, Das, B, Axiotis, CA, Malka, ES, Abulafia, O, Norin, AJ. Haymaker Gene expression in malignant and normal gynecologic tissue. J. Histochem. Cytochem., Feb 2006; doi:10.1369/jhc.5A6765.2006
- Nicoll J , Axiotis CA , Bergasa NV The delta opioid receptor 1 is expressed by proliferating bile ductules in rats with cholestasis: Implications for the study of liver regeneration and malignant transformation of biliary epithelium. Med Hypotheses, 2005;65(6): 109-105
- Wang, L, Axiotis, CA. Differential expression of the PTEN tumor suppressor protein in fetal and adult neuroendocrine tissues and tumors: Progressive loss of PTEN expression in poorly differentiated neuroendocrine neoplasms. Appl Immunohist Mol Morphol 2002;10:139-145
- Ilario MJ-M, Ruiz JE, Axiotis CA Acute Fulminant Hepatic Failure in a Woman Treated with Phenytoin and Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2000;124:1800-1803