The Department of Otolaryngology of SUNY-Health Science Center at Brooklyn and Long Island College Hospital, recognizing its medical, ethical and social obligations to the Brooklyn and adjacent communities, is committed to the delivery of comprehensive, compassionate and cost-effective otolaryngologic care. Toward that end, the department, working as a team with the hospital and the community, is dedicated to:
- Ongoing provision of medical and surgical treatment for diseases of the ear, nose, throat, head and neck.
- Ongoing provision of diagnosis, intervention and therapeutic treatment for all communicative disorders.
- Excellence in medical student, resident and postgraduate education.
- Pursuit of high quality scientific research by all departmental staff and its full integration into the resident training program.
- Dissemination of otolaryngologic information to the patients, their families, primary care physicians and all members of the Brooklyn and adjacent communities.