SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- The faculty evaluates resident performance in a timely manner during each rotation or similar educational assignment, and documents this evaluation at completion of the assignment.
- Our program:
- Provides objective assessments of competence in patient care, medical knowledge, practice-based learning and improvement, interpersonal and communication skills, professionalism, and systems based practice.
- Uses multiple evaluators (e.g., faculty, peers, patients, self, and other professional staff).
- Documents progressive resident performance and improvement appropriate to educational level.
- Provides each resident with documented quarterly evaluation of performance with feedback.
- The evaluations of resident performance are accessible for review by the resident, in accordance with institutional policy.