Inci Irak Dersu, MD, MPH
Department of Ophthalmology
Background and Expertise:
Dr. Dersu is a board certified ophthalmologist and fellowship trained glaucoma specialist. She was the director of glaucoma service and inugural recipient of John Nutt Endowed Chair at the University of Arkansas, where she worked past 8 years before joining to SUNY Downstate Medical Center. She is specialized in medical and surgical treatment of all types of glaucoma in addition to performing cataract surgery. She is involved in resident and medical student teaching at both Kings County Hospital and VA New York Healthcare System.
- Diagnosis and management of pseudoexfoliative glaucoma;
- Imaging techniques for diagnosis of glaucoma;
- Patients' perspective on visual field testing; surgical outcome
- MD: Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
- Residency: Ankara University School of Medicine; Cooper Hospital, UMDNJ, Camden, New Jersey
- Fellowship: Shiley Eye Center, University of California, San Diego; Moran Eye Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
- MPH: College of Public Health, University of Arkansas, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Irak-Dersu I, Nilson C, Zabriskie N, Durcan J, Crandall A. Intraocular pressure change after temporal clear corneal phacoemulsification in normal eyes. Acta Ophthalmologica. 2010 Feb;88(1):131-4. 2009 Sep 16. [Epub ahead of print]
- Irak-Dersu I, Balamurugan A. First report of Prevalence of Eye Diseases and Visual Disability in Arkansas—2006: Journal of the Arkansas Medical Society. 2010;107 (4): 62-64.
- Irak-Dersu I, Thostenson J, Anderson J, et al. Correlations of Afferent Pupillary Defect, Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer Thickness, and Visual Field in Asymmetric Optic Neuropathies . J Clinic Experiment Ophthalmol 2011, 2(5):183
- Dersu I, Thostenson J, Durcan J, et al. Optic Disc and Visual Test Findings in Patients with Migraine. J Clinical Neuroscience. J Clin Neurosci. 2013 Jan;20(1):72-4
- Dersu II, Spencer HT, Grigorian P, et al. The Effect of Mydriatic solutions on Cognitive Function. Semin Ophthalmol. 2013 Aug 16. [Epub ahead of print]