Peter D. Berg, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor, SUNY Downstate • Director, Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery, Brooklyn Veterans Administration Hospital Center • Director, SUNY Downstate Contact Lens Service.
Tel: (718) 836-6600
Background and Expertise
Dr. Berg specializes in ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery, in which he is fellowship trained. His SUNY Downstate clinical and teaching activities are focused primarily at University Hospital of Brooklyn and the Brooklyn VA. His current clinical and research interests include pterygium excision with free conjunctival graft, dermoid and epidermoid tumors of the orbit, familial euryblepharon and megaloblepharon, and the use of CO2 laser in congenital lymphangioma involving the orbit.
Dr. Berg also has a hospital appointment at Kingsbrook Hospital Center. He is president, SUNY Downstate Ophthalmology Alumni, and director of its scientific symposium.
Undergraduate: Sarah Lawrence College, BA
Medical School: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Residency: Hospital University of Pennsylvania / SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Post Residency: Oculoplastics - Dr. Hornblass, Dr.Bosniak
- Smith E, Fingeret M, Schrier A,Berg P, et al Frequency Doubling Perimetry in Neurological Visual Field Defects. Paper Presentation- American Academy of Ophthalmology 2000 Dallas, TX
- Fingeret M, Smith E, Remenick L, Berg P, et al Frequency Doubling Perimetry as a Screening Tool in the General Population. Paper Presentation: 14th Visual Field Symposium of the International Perimetric Society- Halifax, Nova Scotia 2000; Paper Presentation- American Academy of Optometry 2000
- Smith E, Fingeret M, Remenick L, Harooni M, Berg P, et al: Frequency Doubling Perimetry as a Screening Tool in the General Population. Poster- American Academy of Ophthalmology 1999 Orlando, FL
- Berg, P, Current Management of Entropion and Ectropion. Presentation: Comprehensive Ophthalmology Update: Sorrento, Italy 1999
- Berg P, Evaluation and Treatment of Blepharoptosis. Presentation: Comprehensive Ophthalmology Update: Sorrento, Italy
- Bosniak S, Berg P: Orbital Dermoid Tumors. Poster: American Academy of Ophthalmology 1988
- Ayromlooi J, Berg P, Valderamma E, et al: Mid Trimester Thyroidectomy in the Ovine Fetus. Pediatr Pharmacol 15:28 1983
- Ayromlooi J, Desiderio D, Tobias M, Berg P, Effect of Magnesium Sulfate on Maternal and Fetal Hemodynamics and Fetal Brain Function and Metabolism. Pediatr Pharmacol 2:305, 1982
- Ayromlooi J, Tobias M, Berg P, et al: The Effects of Diazoxide on Fetal and Maternal Hemodynamics and Fetal Brain Function and Metabolism. Pediatr Pharmacol 2:293, 1982
- Ayromlooi J, Berg P, Tobias M: Significance of Sinusoidal Fetal Heart Rate Pattern During Labor and its Relation to Fetal Status and Neonatal outcome. Int J Gyneacol Obstet 16:341, 1979
- Ayromlooi J, Tobias M, Berg P: Effects of Ethanol on the Circulation and Acid-Base Balance of the Pregnant Sheep. Obstet Gynecol 54:524, 1979
- Ayromolooi J, Berg P, Tobias M: Correlation of Ominous Fetal Heart Rate Patterns and Scalp Blood pH with One-Minute Apgar Score, Int J Gyneacol Obstet 17:185, 1979