SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Downstate Depot - Mail Services
||Mail Services Supervisors
||UH B-529 (Enter thru Downstate Depot Reception UH B-530A; UH Basement opposite Medical Records)
||Monday-Friday 8:30am to 6pm.
||John DeSena, Ext 3753 (718-270-3753)
Payment Process for ALL Special Services
Mail Services Pricing Policy: Mail Services is not a formal recharge service at DMC. Customer State accounts are directly charged, and RF & other DMC affiliates are invoiced for the services rendered by Mail Services.
All products and services are charged at cost to all customer funding sources (State, Research, DMC Affiliates). There is no mark up over the cost of the procured goods, materials or services that are billed by the source vendor/ provider.
- State Business Mail will be processed by the Mail Service unit utilizing the most economical USPS class of service; all express or premium rate services must be funded by the sender. A signed State Purchase Requisition* must be brought to Mail Services along with the mailing (or attached to the mailing if mailing is placed in your dept daily mail pick-up tray). The requisition needs to indicate the departmental account number where charges are to be made and be appropriately signed by an authorized account signator.
- Research Foundation (Grant related) Business Mail. A signed Research Foundation Purchase Requisition*, signed by Project Director and O.R.A. and indicating the Grant number to be charged, must accompany the mailing.
- DMC Affiliated Entity Business Mail. A signed State Purchase Requisition* must accompany the mailing. The requisition must identify the affiliated entity's billing invoice information "Bill to (insert affiliate's name), person's name, box number, account number (if applicable), and be signed by an authorized signator for that account. Mail Services will issue an invoice to the affiliated entity for payment.
- Personal Mail. Payment is required to be made at the DMC Bursar's office. Mail Services can advise you of the amount due... then Bring your Bursar's receipt in order to process your mail items.
* Interactive pdf format forms can be completed online using the free, most current Adobe Acrobat Reader program. The blank form can be downloaded to your hard drive, allows you complete and save the completed form, then print for signature and processing; you can then scan the signed form to attach to an e-mail.