Division of Infectious Diseases
HIV care remains a core aspect of infectious disease training. Brooklyn hospitals continue to provide subspecialty care to a substantial population of HIV infected individuals. Our fellows and faculty provide care at several centers of excellence for HIV care.
Special Treatment And Research (STAR) at SUNY Downstate
Center for Hope at Kings County Hospital Center
SUNY Downstate at Long Island College Hospital (LICH)
HIV Services for Veterans at the Brooklyn Veterans Hospital
Call: 718-836-6600 ext 6343
SUNY Downstate Infectious Diseases Health Center of Brooklyn
Our private office is available on an appointment only basis for the evaluation of a wide range of infectious diseases in a comfortable and discreet setting. In addition we have a special interest and expertise in the gynecologic (women's health) infections and Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
» For appointments and directions call 718 270-1432.
» Direction the Infectious Diseases Health Center
- FROM East 34 St. & LENOX ROAD GARAGE. Face the Medical Center. 445 Lenox Road entrance is on your right.
- FROM THE CLARKSON AVE PARKING LOT: Turn right out of the lot. Walk to New York Ave. Turn right. Walk one block to Lenox Road. Turn left. Enter the hospital at 445 Lenox Road.
- Enter the Hospital at 445 Lenox Road:
- Tell the security officer that you have an appointment with Dr. Augenbraun. (You will be required to show identification and get a visitor's pass.)
- Take the elevator to the 5th Floor.
- Face the side service elevator and turn left.
- Make a right at the end of the hallway. We are the last room on the right Call 270-1432 (extension 1432 within the medical center) if you get lost.
Kings County Hospital Center STD Services, Travel Clinic, Infectious Diseases Clinic
This unique clinic at Kings County Hospital features a full service laboratory with rapid HIV testing, state of the art diagnostics, and opportunities for immediate treatment.
Clinic sessions in E- Building 4th Floor on Tuesday and Friday afternoons as well as Wednesday monrings. Please call 718 245-2800 for specific times and directions.
Walk-ins without an appointment are welcome.