Douglas Sepkowitz, MD
Chief of Infectious Diseases, LICH
Tel: (718) 280-1435
Long Island College Hospital
339 Hicks Street
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Education and Training:
- September 1975 – June 1979 University of Oklahoma School of Medicine Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Doctor of Medicine
- July 1979 – June 1982 Maimonides Medical Center Brooklyn, New York, Internship and Residency, Internal Medicine
- July 1984 – June 1986 Long Island College Hospital Brooklyn, New York, Fellowship in Infectious Diseases
- Ricciardi D, Sepkowitz, D, Berkowitz L, Bienenstock H, Maslow M. Cryptococcal arthritis: Case report and review of the literature. J Rheumatol 1986; 13:455-458.
- Sepkowitz D, Bostic D, Maslow M. Achromobacter xylosoxidans meningitis: case report and review of the literature. Clin Pediat 1987; 2:483-458.
- Gradon JD, Fricchione L, Sepkowitz D. Severe hypomagnesaemia associated with pentamidine therapy. Rev Infect Dis 1991; 13: 511-512.
- Gradon JD, Sepkowitz DV. Fluconazole-associated acute adrenal insufficiency. Post grad Med J 1991: 1084-1085.
- Gradon JD, Chapnick EK. Sepkowitz DV. Corynebacterium jeikeium bacteremia and rash in patients with AIDS. Infect Dis Clin Pract 1992; 1: 251-252.
- Kreiswirth B.N., Lutwick S.M., Chapnick E.K., Gradon J.D., Lutwick L.I., Sepkowitz D.V., Eisner, W and Levi M.H. Tracing the spread of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus by southern blot hybridization using gene-specific probes of MEC and Tn554. Microbial Drug Resistance, 1996: 1; 325ff.
- Nirav J. Mehta, Ijaz A. Khan, Rajal N. Mehta, and Douglas V. Sepkowitz. HIV-Related Pulmonary Hypertension Analytic Review of 131 Cases. CHEST 2000; 118:1133-1141.
- The Brooklyn Antibiotic Resistance Task Force (Cofsky R, Vangala K, Haag R, Revco R, Maccario E, Sathe S, Landman D, Mayorga D, Burgoino B, Sepkowitz D, Chapnick E, Hinedi T, Adedeji A, Quale J) The cost of antibiotic resistance: effect of resistance among Staphylococcus aureus, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Acinetobacter baumannii, and Pseudomonas areuginosa on length of hospital stay. Infect Control Hosp Epidermal 2002:23: 106-8.
- Mohit Srivastava, Cherian Verghese, Douglas Sepkowitz: Acute Reversible Heart Failure with Highly Active Anti Retroviral Therapy. American Journal of Therapeutics 2004:11 323-326.
- NS Tripuraneni, MD; PR Smith, MD, FCCP; U Rosa, MD, FCCP and D Sepkowitz, MD. Prognostic Factors in Lactic Acidosis Syndrome Caused by Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors. AIDS Patient Care and STDs 2004; 18:379-384.