Stephan A. Kohlhoff, MD
Assistant Professor, Pediatrics and Medicine
Associate Director, Pediatric Infectious Diseases
Tel: (718) 270-7588 • Fax: (718) 270-2996
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
450 Clarkson Ave, Box 49
Brooklyn, NY 11203
chlamydial infections, inflammatory responses to C. pneumoniae, antimicrobial stewardship, emergency preparedness
- Cellular immune responses to infection with C. pneumonia
- Epidemiologic evaluation of the latency period before development of clinical allergic disease in immigrant groups in Brooklyn and relation to previous infection and malignancy
- In vitro susceptibility of novel antimicrobial agents against C. pneumoniae and C. trachomatis
Education and Training:
- Medical School: Freie Universitaet Berlin, Berlin, Germany
- Residency: SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Fellowship: SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
Why I enjoy working at SUNY Downstate:
There is a strong focus on Infectious Diseases, clinical as well as research
- Kohlhoff SA, Sharma R. Iclaprim. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2007;16:1441-8
- Kohlhoff S, Kutlin A, Riska P, Roblin P, Roman C, Hammerschlag MR. In vitro models of acute and long term continuous infection of human respiratory epithelial cells with Chlamydophila pneumoniae have opposing effects on host cell apoptosis. Microb Pathogen 2008;44:34-42.
- Smith-Norowitz TA, Josekutty J, Lev-Tov H, Kohlhoff S, Norowitz KB, Silverberg JI, Chice S, Durkin HG, Bluth MH. IgE anti-varicella zoster virus and other immune responses before, during, and after shingles. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2009 Winter;39(1):43-50
- Sleiman JN, Kohlhoff SA, Roblin PM, Wallner S, Gross R, Hammerschlag MA, Zenilman ME, Bluth MH. Antimicrobial activity of sophorolipids. Ann Clin Lab Sci 2009;39:60-63.
- Kohlhoff SA, Dzhindzhikhashvili MS, Weaver D, Smith-Norowitz T, Durkin H, Joks R, Hammerschlag MR. Immune response to Chlamydia pneumoniae in allergic asthmatics and in vitro effects of doxycycline. 12th International Chlamydia Meeting Monograph 2010
- Roblin PM, Kohlhoff SA, Hammerschlag MR. In vitro activity of CEM-101, a new fluoroketolide antibiotic, against Chlamydia trachomatis and C. pneumoniae. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2010;54:1358-9.