SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Brooklyn Health Disparities Center
Excellence in Partnerships – Current Newsletter
Newsletter of the Brooklyn Health Disparities Center
The latest issue includes articles on:
- BHDC Investigates Incarceration as a Social Determinant
- Research & Training: Community Engagement
- Progress in Community Engagement – Training Updates
- PRIDE in Cardiovascular & Behavioral Medicine Research
Check out the complete Brooklyn Health Disparities Center
Excellence in Partnerships Newsletters in PDF format.
Past News and Events
2010 Obesity Conference:
Deputy Borough President Ms. Yvonne Graham with Dr. Clinton Brown at the 2010 Obesity: The Community Fights Back Conference.
On October 20, 2010 hosted the 2010 Obesity Conference, a multidiscipline symposium presented by The Center for Community Health Promotion and Wellness, Nutritional Services, The Department of Medicine, The School of Public Health and The Brooklyn Health Disparities Center.
Other News (PDF):
- BROOKLYN FIRST AND ONLY HEALTH DISPARITIES CENTER
National Institutes of Health Give $1.1 Million Grant to support Brooklyn’s First Center on Health Disparities
- News From ABC: A Good Night Sleep is Heart Healthy
- Connecting Glaucoma and Circadian Rhythms
- Carib News Luncheon article
- Newswise press release