Didn't find what you needed? Let us know-all website feedback welcomed! eMail us.
Note: Cafe 101 will be closed for vacation from Mon August 8th to Sun August 14th (reopens on Monday August 15th). For urgent matters, customers may contact Ernie Sgaglione directly at ESGAGLIONE@aol.com
Cafe 101 To Go... Coffee Cart at BSB Lobby!
Cafe 101's Cart is available in the BSB Lobby on weekdays 7am to 2pm, except holidays serving a variety of fresh breakfast, lunch, snack and beverage items. The Coffee Cart is temporarily relocated to the BSB 430 Clarkson Ave lobby near BSB Lecture Hall 1 during the 450 Clarkson Ave lobby renovation, and will return to the 450 Clarkson Avenue Lobby upon completion of the new lobby.
Catering at its BEST!
No DMC event is too large or small for our Cafe 101 caterers led by "Culinary Institute of America" graduate, Mr. Ernest Sgaglione offering catering services campuswide for almost any type of event. Let them use their professionalism, experience, food quality and service to make your event a complete success.
Cafe101 can cater hot and/or cold foods, snacks and drinks. A Catering Tray typically serves 15 to 20 people
Plan your catering needs in advance. While a small event is typically accommodated on 1 week notice, larger events need far more advance planning. Please select either the "DMC Departments" or "Student Activity Fee" options below for menu pricing and ordering instructions:
DMC Departments and Affiliates: (Student Activity Fee funded catering - go to next section below)
Catering Menu (link)
Catering Form (link) use for all DMC department & affiliate funded catering. Instructions:
1. Download, complete the form - it allows you to insert the qty and add additional items that are not on the standard menu, BUT you must speak in advance with Cafe 101 to discuss and confirm availability and the agreed pricing for any such added items.
2. If your event is imminent, to prevent any order acceptance delay, always call Cafe101 in addition to faxing or e-mailing your catering form.
3. Print, sign, then either
- scan signed form & eMail to Cafe 101,
- fax to 718-270-4661
- then send the original hard copy via interoffice mail to Cafe 101 at MailStop 1214, or for imminent needs, it's best to Hand Deliver to Student Center Rm 2-20.
STATE Account funded catering: Once you have an agreed upon menu and quotes, process your requisition to State Procurement (purchasing) Office. Cafe 101 can not finalize your catering request until Cafe 101 receives a valid State PO number from the State Procurement Office. Departments with ongoing catering needs are urged to plan and fund your State purchase requisition for your estimated annual catering needs.
Student Activity Fee (SAF) Funded Events: The Student Center Director's office coordinates all DMC student club event catering. Call Ext 2485 (718-270-2485).
SAF Catering Form (link) Submit your completed catering form 1 week in advance of the event. A Catering Tray typically serves 15 to 20 people. Be sure you have spoken in advance with Cafe 101 at Ext 2449 (718-270-2449, or cell at 347-683-3383 ) to discuss and confirm availability and the agreed pricing for any added items. Instructions:
1. Download, complete, then print & sign the form. The form allows you to insert the qty and add additional items not on the standard menu. You can 'save as' the form as you have typed it onto your hard drive so that you can then print it off for signature and processing.
2. Submit- You can either:
- Scan/eMail: scan the signed SAF Catering Form and eMail to Student Center Director (link), then send the original hard copy via interoffice mail to Student Center Director at MailStop 114, or
- Fax: to 718-270-1040, then send the original hard copy via interoffice mail to Student Center Director at MailStop 114, or
- Hand deliver: the original hard copy to Student Center Rm 2-06 (this is the best method if your event is imminent)
3. The Student Center Director will approve the form, obtain the Council Treasurer's signature (if needed), and submit the final order form directly to Cafe 101.
4. Upon delivery at the catered event, the Cafe 101 delivery staff will have a copy of your catering form. The event coordinator or their designee at the event then signs the final section "Acceptance of Satisfactory Completion".
No FSA payment form is needed when you follow this process. Cafe 101 submits to FSA an invoice and the completed catering form, then payment is processed from the designated SAF account.
Questions: Call the Student Center Main Office Ext 2484 (718-270-2484) or the Director Ext 2485 (718-270-2485) for more information.