||STUDENT CENTER, 394 Lenox Rd, Rm 2-09
Mon - Fri (Except Holidays) 8am - 4pm.
||FSA Business Office Team eMail, 718-270-3148
see menu on left for more info on other FSA related services; see INFO box on right for hours and contact us..
Business Office Staffing Update:
- The role of "Controller" is being filled by the firm of Demasco Sena and Jahelka, LLP (DSJ) until a permanent Controller is engaged. The DSJ staff includes Christopher Sena, Bob Jahelka, Anthony Condoleo, and Anthony Carrella.
- Tailin Brecher was elected as FSA Treasurer (August 2016)
- Deshawn Hilliard joined the FSA Business Office staff in the role of Bookkeeper (Sept 2016).
- Please Use the FSA Business Office Team eMail link in the INFO box (upper right of all FSA pages); It will auto-address an eMail to all relevant individuals on the team.
The FSA Business Office is a shared service serving both the Faculty Student Association of Downstate Medical Center, Inc (FSA) and the HSCB Foundation, Inc. (HSCBF) corporations. This office provides:
> Accounting services to DMC affiliated organizations including:
- Trust & Agency (TA) Account Holders. Non-student clubs and organizations.
- Student Governments and Clubs. All Student Activity Fee (SAF) organizations.
- HSCB Foundation Account Holders. Endowment and other Operating Accounts.
FSA Forms and documents (link).
> Parkside-Winthrop Parking Lot , located between Winthrop St and Parkside Ave, owned by the HSCB Foundation.
> Business Services for all FSA Operations listed in the menu on left column.
>Mobile Vending Permits - Procedures: Any person or entity selling goods or services of any type on campus property must be apply in advance and receive advance approval through the DMC Facilities Use Policy (link), coordinated by the DMC Room Scheduling Office. If approved by Room Scheduling, vendors must then apply for a Mobile Vending Permit at the FSA Business Office least 5 days prior to each specific date and event location. Normally, such events occur at the BSB 1st Floor "FM&D Public Space Area" outside the main Cafeteria. Vendors must have a DMC organization sponsor as fundraising event of the sponsor.
- An external vendor that is providing fundraising for an internal organization is considered an internal vendor.
- Use of hallway space at the BSB entrance corridor to the Cafeteria, in front of the Facilities Management & Development / FM&D Office, is only available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9am-4:30pm.
- The use of the FM&D hallway space is limited by a single vendor to no more than 12 times a year.
- Vendor must display a Sign at the location indicating sponsoring organization and be able to show their valid approved Mobile Vending Permit to any requesting campus official.
- Someone from sponsoring organization must be on site during sale event.
The DMC Sponsoring organization event coordinator - Process:
- Contacts the DMC Room Scheduling Office at 718-270-2639 to discuss the nature of the event and sale and to reserve space on campus.
- Completes and submit a “Room Scheduling Request Form/ Classroom Services Request Form”. This form can be obtained only from the Room Scheduling Office after an initial consultation.
- Depending on the nature of the event, a more detailed application (“Application for Use of Campus Facilities”) may be required as determined by the Room Scheduling Office. If deemed required, the application form will be provided to you/ your organization, by the Room Scheduling Office.
- Submit form(s) in person to the Room Scheduling Office (Library basement level) at least 4 weeks in advance of event, and eight (8) weeks is recommended.
- If approved by the Room Scheduling Office, the event sponsoring organization event coordinator will receive a “Facilities Use Conditions Letter” from the Room Scheduling Office. It will indicate vendors need to obtain Mobile Vending Permit(s) from the FSA Business Office at least 5 days in prior to each event date. The sponsoring event coordinator then contacts the vendor(s) involved with a copy of the approved Conditions letter.
The vendor that will be selling goods/ services at the event - Process:
- Vendors must then bring a copy of the approved Conditions Letter with a completed FSA003 “Vending Permit Application” (link) form to the FSA Office (Student Center Room 2-09) at least 5 days prior to the event day.
- Permits require the advance payment of the Mobile Vending Permit Fee, payable to the ‘Faculty Student Association’. Current fee is $35 per event day, per vendor.
FSA Related Forms (link)