||STUDENT CENTER, 394 Lenox Rd, Main Floor Rm 2-24.
9:30am - 6pm Monday & Thursday
9:30am - 5pm Tues, Wed & Friday
The ONLY medical bookstore dedicated solely to serving students and professionals in Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and lower Manhattan!
In the STUDENT CENTER; 394 Lenox Rd Main Floor Rm 2-24 with eve hours till 6pm on Mondays and Thurs.
Winthrop St/ HSCBF Parking Lot Passes - info link
Booklists for All DMC Colleges' Courses
Top 10 Reasons why our University Bookstore is YOUR BEST place to shop
THE SPRING SALE IS ON.... to WARM YOU UP!!
Commencement is Tuesday May 24, 2016 at Carnegie Hall! Excerpt from DMC Commencement Handbook (link): Graduating students who wish to participate in the Commencement Exercises are required to wear academic attire and to march with members of the faculty and honored guests in the academic procession. All students wishing to participate must order and pay for their academic attire at the University Bookstore located in the Student Center from January 4th – February 1st , 2016. The Bookstore will contact you when your attire is ready for pick up. If you wish to be included on the line for marching at Carnegie Hall, ALL ATTIRE MUST BE PICKED UP NO LATER THAN MAY 19TH. Please note: Academic attire will NOT be available for pick up at Carnegie Hall. You must bring your attire with you to graduation.
A Great Gift !
Choose many available styles from our on-line selection, OR get a Huge In-Store Only Sale on our
most popular model while stock lasts!
Top 10 Reasons why our University Bookstore is YOUR BEST place to shop:
- Add in all the extra’s (shipping, taxes, etc..) charged by online retailers and other medical bookstores and you’ll agree with surveys taken - that on average we are 5% to 7% cheaper than other medical bookstores and on-line retailers.
- Save on New textbooks- ALL textbooks are discounted by 4% from the publisher’s suggested retail price.
- 3 ways to save more: Buy a Used Book (when available), our TEXTBOOK RENTAL OPTION!, or Buy New then Sell back under the BUYBACK PROGRAM at end of the course-most often the greatest savings/ value!
- Save on Sales Tax: No 8.875% NYC Sales Tax on required textbooks.
- Loyalty Rewards. For every $250.00 spent on books, you’ll get a $5. Bookstore Gift Card for your future purchases.
- Friendly and convenient RETURN POLICY and Payment Methods: MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, Cash and Checks. Parents can even open a Bookstore Charge account for one less hassle for the student!
- Convenient Store Hours: We’re right here on campus with evening hours on Mondays & Thursdays.
- Online shopping convenience available on many items for distant relatives and friends too! www.downstate.edu/bookstore or e-mail us: Bookstore@downstate.edu
- Special orders: Gladly taken at no additional charge; often available next business day.
- Support Your Campus! We are owned & operated by the campus Faculty Student Association; any/ all net proceeds are reinvested in THIS campus!
University Bookstore provides services to DMC students, faculty and employees. Please review online catalog with specifications, pictures and prices of our merchandize:
BuyBack Program for Textbooks:
The University Bookstore will buy back unwanted textbooks for cash at anytime. The University Bookstore offers a very fair market value which can be up to 40% of publisher list price. Textbooks must be in sound condition and be a current edition. Physical condition as well as whether the text has a planned new edition being released factor into the buyback price.
Available at SUNY Downstate Campus Book Store.
Phone orders are accepted. Please call (718) 270-2486 or send us an email
NOW Available $35.50 in person at the Bookstore. No shipping for on- campus; add $9 shipping for external destinations.
Credit Card Phone orders accepted. Call (718) 270-2486 or email us
FSA Bookstore's Green Initiatives:
* Available NOW - 'Go Green Forever' Stamps! Make a positive impact on the environment while savings on future USPS (United States Postal Service) rate increases! These stamps will be valid even when USPS postal rates increase. (more detail)
*Purchase a 16oz DOWNSTATE 150th Anniv TRAVEL MUG ... Reduces Paper Cup Waste and You save when using it at Sodexho Cafeteria: Pay the price of a small beverage (Coffee, Tea or Soda) when using this 16oz MUG.
* We sell only RECYCLED Paper (by ream).
* We buyback your used textbooks so they can be
recycled to other students at less than new textbook costs.
*We are increasing the volume of USED TEXTBOOKS (as available) to provide more savings.
Owned and operated by the Faculty Student Association of Downstate Medical Center Inc. (FSA). All excess revenue is reinvested in our campus.
Open a Bookstore Charge Account today: Email Us