All DMC Course Booklists
||STUDENT CENTER, 394 Lenox Rd, Main Floor Rm 2-24.
9:30am - 6pm Monday & Thursday
9:30am - 5pm Tues, Wed & Friday
Top 10 Reasons why our University Bookstore is YOUR BEST place to shop
Fall 2016 Course Book List (link) includes all summer courses as of 8/19/16 and provides the Publisher's List Cost as well as University Bookstore's options available to DMC students. Options available:
- Used Book Purchases: Buying a Used Book, if/ when available, will save you money. However, some Used Book titles may be unavailable from suppliers. If a Used Book is not currently in stock at the Bookstore, our staff will check suppliers for you and if it is available can order and receive them for you. On the booklist 'Used' column, an "NA" indicates the used book is not available from suppliers.
- New Book Purchases: A students' BEST VALUE is often to purchase a new textbook, then at the end of the course, sell it back under the Bookstore's BuyBack program. The Book list shows the expected buyback price for each text and the resulting net cost to you is often the best deal. However, some texts have NA in the buyback program column, meaning the text is not currently eligible under the buyback program, typically because new editions are expected imminently, or when there's a low nationwide demand.
- TEXTBOOK RENTALS! Available in the University Bookstore for many titles... another way for students to SAVE while supporting Downstate. On the booklist 'Rent' column, an "NA" indicates the used book is not available to rent from suppliers.
Go to University Bookstore homepage
Top 10 Reasons why our University Bookstore is YOUR BEST place to shop:
- Add in all the extra’s (shipping, taxes, etc..) charged by online retailers and other medical bookstores and you’ll agree with surveys taken - that on average we are 5% to 7% cheaper than other medical bookstores and on-line retailers.
- Save on New textbooks- ALL textbooks are discounted by 4% from the publisher’s suggested retail price.
- 3 ways to save more: Buy a Used Book (when available), our TEXTBOOK RENTAL OPTION!, or Buy New then Sell back under the BUYBACK PROGRAM at end of the course-most often the greatest savings/ value!
- Save on Sales Tax: No 8.875% NYC Sales Tax on required textbooks.
- Loyalty Rewards. For every $250.00 spent on books, you’ll get a $5. Bookstore Gift Card for your future purchases.
- Friendly and convenient RETURN POLICY and Payment Methods: MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, Cash and Checks. Parents can even open a Bookstore Charge account for one less hassle for the student!
- Convenient Store Hours: We’re right here on campus with evening hours on Mondays & Thursdays.
- Online shopping convenience available on many items for distant relatives and friends too! www.downstate.edu/bookstore or e-mail us: Bookstore@downstate.edu
- Special orders: Gladly taken at no additional charge; often available next business day.
- Support Your Campus! We are owned & operated by the campus Faculty Student Association; any/ all net proceeds are reinvested in THIS campus!