Translational Science Center
The CTSC's outpatient facilities are located on the 5th floor of University Hospital of Brooklyn (UHB). Resources include:
- Full-time receptionist
- Full-time phlebotomists and phlebotomy laboratory
- Research Pharmacist and pharmacy dispensary
- Patient waiting room
- 17 patient study rooms
- Emergency crash cart for cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Group patient meeting room with one-way mirrors
- Core Laboratory (under development)
- Conference room
- Light-free "dark room" for vision studies, etc.
- REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture)
How to Use the CTSC
All studies must be IRB-approved. Investigators wishing to use the CTSC must submit an Application that will be reviewed within four weeks. Protocol applications to the CTSC must adhere to NIH Office of Human Research Protection (OHRP) guidelines regarding inclusion of children, women and minority populations.