Expectant Family Education
1. What is Expectant Family Education Program?
2. Who should attend Expectant Family Education Classes?
3. How to register for expectant family EFEC?
4. When to register for EFEC?
5. When and how often does class meet?
6. What is the cost of the EFEC?
7. Can I attend if I am not delivering at SUNY Downstate?
8. Requirements- you need to attend 3 out of 4 classes to get certificate.
- If you are expecting a baby, register at SUNY Downstate Medical Center for the Expectant Family Education Program
Q # 1. What is Expectant Family Education Program?
The Expectant Family Education Program is a series of 4 classes taught by a certified childbirth educator. This program covers what to expect during childbirth. Breathing and relaxation exercises to help you manage your pain or medication if needed. Breast feeding techniques. The role of labor coach. A tour of labor and delivery and postpartum during the third class.
Q # 2. Who should attend Expectant Family Education Classes?
Although knowledge learned for the classes is always important, it is suggested that pregnant women with their coach attend classes during their 7th months of pregnancy.
Q # 3. How to register for expectant family EFEC?
If you are interested in attending expectant family classes, please call to register at 1 7180 270-8846 or 1 718 270-8245.
Q # 4. When to register for EFEC?
If you are interested in Expectant Family Classes you may register at any time during your pregnancy to attend the classes when you are seven months.
Q # 5. When and how often does class meet?
The classes meet once a week for 4 weeks on Tuesdays or Wednesdays, from 6:30p-8:30p.
The expectant family class meets weekly for 4 consecutive weeks.
Q # 6. What is the cost of the EFEC?
The Expectant Family Education Classes are FREE.
Q # 7. Can I attend if I am not delivering at SUNY Downstate?
Yes! You can attend the Expectant Family Education Classes if you are not delivering at Downstate.
In order to get a certificate; the requirement is that you must attend 3 out of 4 classes.