SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Downstate Depot - Central Stores
Welcome to Downstate Depot - Central Stores
Reassignment of Funds: When you purchase items from a State account, your account needs to have a Central Stores Allocation (Object code 9200). Depts with FY 12/13 CStores recharge deficits in your accounts are reminded to submit a Reassignment of Funds Form to the Budget Office to cover any deficits plus your anticipated needs for the remainder of the fiscal year through June 30th.
||Reception Desk - Gail Moore
||UH B-526. Enter thru Downstate Depot Reception UH B-530A; opposite Medical Records.
||M-F 9am to 5pm. Your order must be received by 4:45 pm in order to be processed by 5pm.
||Kevin LeDoux, 718-270-4254
||Victor Haynes, 718-270-3074
Central Stores provides:
- Common non-sterile hospital patient care items. Note: Most UHB Sterile Supply items are carried by UHB's Central Sterile Supply Distribution unit.
- Some common Office Supplies used by all DMC/UHB units, including: (Note: Central Stores carries items NOT ordered through Staples program)
- Pre-Printed Stationery Supplies (letterhead & envelopes pre-printed with DMC Main Address.
- Paper Bags
- Colored Copier Paper (white paper is ordered through Staples program)
- Some Desktop printer Toners
- For most other office supplies- Link to DMC's Office Supply provider- Staples.
- Lab supplies to all DMC departments including vaccutainers, dry ice (for specimen use), microscope slides & covers, Alcohol detergent.
- Forms in Stock including:
- State Purchase Requisition Forms
- State Time & Attendance Forms. The DMC Payroll - Time & Attendance unit is planning a new automated system and is no longer funding any new printing of these forms.; Forms now available online:
MONTHLY Faculty NTP Time & Attendance form; Print off, complete, then photocopy.
Biweekly Classified Time Sheet ; Print off, complete, then photocopy.
- Some UHB (HIM-Medical Record) Forms. Central Stores stocks and distributes only those UHB-HIM forms that are most cost effectively reproduced internally by the Downstate Depot Quick Copy Center. All other very large annual volume, more complicated, and color forms are procured through the State Purchasing Department using external vendors.
- Central Stores Pricing Policy:
Central Stores recharges all products and services at cost to all customer funding sources (State, Research, DMC Affiliates). There is no mark up over the cost of the procured goods, materials or services that are billed by the source vendor/ provider.
- Billing (recharges) for some DMC-wide Contracted Services including:
- CitiStorage, DMC's offsite archive document service contractor (file storage and retrieval). Find out more »
- Dry ice (for specimen use): Vendor dry ice delivery days are Mondays and Thursdays. Place your order to CStores by the previous day at 3pm in order to receive ice on these days (orders for Monday delivery are due on Friday).
- The vendor-scheduled delivery days change seasonally, since warmer or colder temperatures affect how quickly the Dry Ice evaporates.
- New customers: contact the CStores Reception desk at Ext 1514 (718-270-1514) to determine the scheduled delivery days before placing your order.
- Frequent users: Save time & avoid preparing a new requisition each time you need Dry Ice. Instead, submit a Standing Order requisition for the entire fiscal year. Call the Reception desk for details.
- Bottled water: DMC Contracts Dept manages this contracted service currently provided through Crystal Springs Bottled Water. Central Stores only processes the recharge billing for this service. Questions?: Contact Donovan Lorde at 718-270-1134. Instructions:
- Prepare a State Purchase Requisition; In the “charge to” section of your requisition, place your department’s 8 digit State account number and use Object Code 9200 (Your Central Stores recharge account).
- Send the requisition to the DMC State Contracts Office at Box 63 Attention Donovan Lorde. A new "Vendor" account will be created and allow you the ability to initiate this service.
- All Bottled Water Deliveries MUST be signed for; see Compliance Notice.
- Outbound UPS shipments: More detailed information is found on the Central Receiving website. Business related shipments are handled through Central Stores -
How to place a Central Stores Order:
DMC Departments - State and IFR Account holders
- Prepare a State Purchasing Requisition Form (customized for CStores) using the item description and item stock # as found in Central Stores Catalog. Requisition must include:
- a Valid 8 digit State account#,
- the Valid authorized signature for the funding account that is paying for services.
Stock issued will be expensed under Object Code 9200 (Central Stores Recharges).
- the CStores catalog item # and qty desired.
- the final delivery destination Building and Room#.
- In a rush? Put "WILL PICK UP" items at Downstate Depot - Central Stores (UH Rm ALL1-526. Enter thru Downstate Depot Reception Desk in UH Basement corridor opposite HIM (Medical Records) . Give your telephone contact # (including cell phone or pager) so that you can be telephoned when your order is ready for pick-up.
- State accounts must have available funds in the Central Stores Recharge Object Code 9200 to cover your estimated annual needs. If it does not have enough funds to cover you order, you will need to process a "Reassignment of Funds" Form through the DMC Budget Office and provide the approved copy to CStores before your order can be processed.
- IFR accounts: Your requisition needs to be signed by the IFR office (BSB 1-12, phone X 1144, fax X-1100, mailbox 1217) to verify the IFR account has available cash. Payment is processed via the normal DMC recharge billing process - a journal transfer from your IFR acct to CStores IFR acct by DMC Financial Management.
Customized UHB Nursing Station & Clinical Labs CStores Order Form - two versions available:
Research Foundation Account Holders
The Research Foundation REQUIRES an RF Purchase Requisition be submitted with the appropriate grant number (Project#, Task#, Award#), to be charged and signed in advance by the project director.
Other DMC Affiliated Entities (such as FSA, UPB, and all other DMC Corporate Affiliate Accounts)
Use the State Purchasing Requisition Form (customized for CStores), but identify the affiliated entity's billing information; "Bill to" (insert affiliate's name), person's name, box number, account number (if applicable), and be signed by an authorized signatory for that account. Central Stores will then invoice the affiliated entity for payment.
Submitting Your Order- You can: Print off your requisition for signature. Then:
- Mail your requisition to Central Stores at Box 61, or
- Fax your order to Central Stores at 718-270-1266. We suggest you call the Reception Desk (X-1514) to be certain your fax was received., or
- E-Mail you order to Central Stores - Since the form must be SIGNED, you need to PRINT the form, have it SIGNED, then Scan & email the SIGNED version of your order form
Delivery of Your Order:
In general, orders received by 3:30pm will be delivered same day. Orders after 3:30pm or to off-site locations will be delivered on the next business day. If you need expedited service, call the Reception Desk (X 1514) to make alternative arrangements for expedited delivery or for you to pick up your order in person.
If any ordered item is not available at the time your order is processed, it will not appear on the CStores delivery document/ receipt. If a quantity has been reduced due to in-stock limitations, only the amount issued will appear on the order delivery document/ receipt. Call CStores at Ext 1514 (718-270-1514) for current estimate time for that stock to become available.
Department of Administrative Services: Consolidated service units at a contiguous location to the extent practical, and commonly known as “Downstate Depot”, that currently includes: Central Receiving, Central Stores, Quick Copy Center, Mail/ Messenger, Warehouse, and Property Control, and provides:
- A “one-stop” customer service location for multiple support unit services, andMaximized workforce cross-training and deployment dependant upon daily workload.
- Provide the highest standards of quality customer services and customer satisfaction while adhering to DMC’s Code of Ethic and Business Conduct, and Principles of Behavior (pgs 16-31), in support of DMC’s Educational, Clinical and Research enterprises, in a dependable manner while maintaining accurate records of all transactions within all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Provide quality supplies and services utilized by multiple internal customers, where the best value is achieved through bulk purchase, storage, internal distribution with accurate expense identification, and consistent with all applicable NYS procurement regulations.
- Accurate and timely processing of customers’ requisition(s) for supplies and services in a dependable manner, maintaining accurate physical and financial records of all transactions.