Thank you for deciding to contribute!
Learn more below about purchasing journal ads for the April 2, 2011 event.
Funds For Research
All event proceeds support SUNY Downstate Medical Center’s ground-breaking medical research.
Your purchase (minus $225 per banquet ticket) is tax deductible. If you relinquish your banquet tickets (or did not purchase any) you may deduct your entire purchase amount.
Neither the donation of a gift to this event, nor the acceptance of a donation by SUNY Downstate Medical Center, shall be construed as a benefit to the donor in any current or potential dealings with the University or Downstate Medical Center.
|$10,000||Pillar (Back Cover) *|
|$5,000||Benefactor (Front or Back Inside Cover)|
|$2,500||Sponsor (Full Color Page)|
|$1,500||Sustainer (Full Black & White Page)|
|$1,000||Friend (Half Black & White Page)|
|$500||Pal (Quarter Black & White Page)|
|$250||Roll Call (Your name will appear in the Journal)|
|$ _____||Surprise Us! Donations of any size are welcome|
* Donation of $10,000 or more entitles you to Four Gala tickets.
To Purchase Journal Ads
- Send the completed Order Form, or contact us at 718.270.4403 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may pay by check, credit card or on-line. To pay on-line, go to http://giving.downstate.edu and select Celebrate Downstate from the drop-down menu.
- Go to Order Form »
Deadline for journal ad sales: Friday, February 25th
Celebrate Downstate Ad Specifications
When preparing ads for submission, please note the following specifications.
Actual size of journal: 6.75"w x 9.75"h
Ad Size Specs
Trim size of journal: 6.75"w x 9.75"h
Ad type: Non-bleed
Published ad size:
Full Page 5.75"w x 8.75"h
Half Page 5.75"w x 4.12"h
Quarter Page 2.62"w x 4.12"h
Ad type: Bleed
Full Page 6.75"w x 8.75"h
(7"w x 10"h with bleed)
- For bleed pages, keep essential matter (text, logos, graphics) 1/4" from page edge (trim).
- Extend bleed at least 1/8" beyond trim size.
- Publisher reserves the right to trim 1/16" from either side of bleed ads to compensate for trim variations.
Ad Color Specs
Black and white ads:
Black and White ads must be in grayscale format.
- 4 color black should not be used.
Color ads must be in CMYK format (no spot colors).
- All spot color ads must be converted to CMYK.
- All color images and colors must be CMYK, not RGB.
Ad Resolution Specs
- All images must be at 300 dpi (with 150 line screen) at 100% size.
- Compressed files such as GIFs are not acceptable.
- Logos must be in vector format or line art at no less than 600 dpi.
PDF Format (camera ready) Ads (PREFERRED)
- PDF or PDF/X-1a files only.
- Color ads should be sent as composite files.
- All files submitted as PDF (Portable Document Format) must be prepared with all fonts embedded.
- Create PDF files to exact ad size or must use crop marks.
- Create PDF files with Adobe Acrobat Distiller or Adobe PDF Online.
- DO NOT create encrypted PDF files. Do not use any security including Acrobat Standard Security.
Text Ads (requiring in-house type setting)
- MS Word files.
- We DO NOT accept other formats.
Ad Delivery Methods
- via e-mail email@example.com
- via fax to 718.270.4409 (exclusively for Text Ads).