OT Alumni News
- Joyce Sabari maintains ongoing e-mail contact with all SUNY Downstate OT Alumni. If you are not receiving ongoing updates about the program and job announcements, please e-mail Joyce at email@example.com. In addition, if your contact information changes, please send updates to Joyce.
- Alumni working in Early Intervention are invited to join our EISP Online Peer Network on AOTA's OTConnections to network and share with other OT's and students who are interested in providing quality family -centered services to infants and young children.If it does not link directly to OT Connections, go to http://otconnections.aota.org/.
After you sign up for OT Connections, search for EISP Online Peer Network and begin networking with us!
- There are many Downstate OT alumni activities and Facebook pages. Alumni: please share your photos and summaries with the faculty and staff. Here's some examples of alumni events:
ALUMNI REUNION FOR THE SUNY DOWNSTATE CLASS OF 2002
THURSDAY, MAY 7, 2009: 7:00 PM – 10:30 PM
Location: MENDY’S, 61 East 34th Street, Corner of Park Avenue, New York, NY
We had an amazing turnout for this event. It was coordinated by Annie (Hall) Padmore and Susan Greenberg.
Other SUNY Downstate OT Alumni Activities
- In November 2006, over 40 Downstate OT graduates joined CHRP alumni and faculty to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the College of Health Related Professions. Jeff Tomlinson (Class of 1980) was honored with the Occupational Therapy Program's Distinguished Alumnus Award. Former faculty in attendance included Sigrid Hansen, our program's founder, Judy Grossman, Pat Trossman, Pat Gentile, Michelle Mills, and Jim Hinojosa.
- In October 2004, graduates of the Class of 1974 celebrated their 30th Anniversary, at the home of one of its classmates, Downstate Professor Suzanne White. It was no easy task to contact old classmates. With a combination of accessing names through the NYS professional websites, word of mouth and detective work, we were able to find most of the class. t was an amazing reunion! Ten of our 15 graduates made the event, as well as Dr. Joyce Sabari (present OT Program Director) and past director, Simme Cynkin Klebanow. (Inset picture - L to R: Simme, Joyce)
Heni Feit has continued to work in Gerontology and lives in Brooklyn.
Nancy Cunningham worked in Mental Health and is now retired in Oregon.
Alice DeLuise-Massa is a Director of Rehabilitation and lives in New Rochelle.
Marion Osterlitz is a school-based therapist in Pearl River.
Roberta Schwartz works in Early Intervention, is completing a Master's Degree in Special education and lives in Maryland.
Barbara Fleischer is a Nursing Home Administrator and lives in Hawthorne.
Miriam Esterkis works in Early Intervention and lives in New Jersey.
Bonnie Hudson is a Hand Therapist and lives in San Diego.
Suzanne White has worked in Mental Health and has been a college professor for many years at NYU and Downstate.
Linda Hindy-Telford has worked in rehab and school-based OT and is completing a Master's Degree in Educational Technology.
We all agreed that our Downstate education prepared us well for productive and interesting careers. (Contributed by Linda Hindy-Telford)