The mission of the Medical Informatics Program is to provide a high quality education to students studying in the field of medical infomatics who will be prepared to be employed in an urban environment. This will be accomplished by:
- Providing students with the knowledge, theories, and skill required in the field of medical informatics.
- Provide students with a challenge and supportive learning environment.
- Provide students with opportunities to collaborate with faculty from College of Medicine, College of Nursing, and the College of Health Related Professions.
- Provide extensive clinical experience which will prepare the students to practice in different health care facilities and in urban communities.
- Create a sense of professionalism.